1. All delivery times mentioned are estimates only and apply to major towns in Uganda only. Certain delivery addresses maybe difficult to trace ; in this case refer to term No: 5. We cannot deliver to the very remote areas outside the main towns in Uganda, or else lots of charges will be carried onto you the client.
2 We aim to deliver goods within 21 working days from processing your order (starting the working day after the order has been placed). The delivery time will depend upon the product ordered and the location of delivery. In the event of a problem the Buildingmaterialsuganda.com Customer Services Team will endeavor to contact you within 24 hours on the next working day. If we fail to deliver within a reasonable time after the quoted delivery time, you may (by informing us in writing) cancel the order, however:
2.1 you may not cancel if we receive your notice after the goods have been dispatched; and
2.2 if you cancel the order, you can have no further claim against us under that contract.
3. If you accept delivery of the goods after the estimated delivery time it will be on the basis that you have no claim against us for delay (including indirect or consequential loss, or increase in the price of the goods).
4. We may deliver the goods in installments. Each installment is treated as a separate contract/order.
5. Any problems or difficulties with access to the delivery address for example narrow roads, low bridges, end of a dirt track road, farm buildings etc must be notified by you to us at the time of ordering so that the type of vehicle required to make such a delivery can be selected. If special vehicles and staff are required to make the delivery then an additional charge will be advised prior to goods being dispatched. We may decline to deliver if:
5.1 we believe that it would be unsafe, unlawful or unreasonably difficult to do so; or
5.2 the premises (or the access to them) are unsuitable for the delivery vehicle.
6. We may charge you for storage and/or abortive delivery costs and/or additional costs arising from any delay if you do not accept delivery at the quoted delivery time (or any later time agreed in writing) or if we decline to deliver in accordance with clause 5 or if you fail to comply with your obligations under clauses 7 and 8. In any of these circumstances you must contact our Customer Services Team within five working days of the relevant date in in order to re-arrange delivery. Otherwise goods will be returned to our supplier and in any event you will be liable to pay us a reasonable handling charge and a re-stocking charge of a minimum of 35% of the price of the goods. You will be liable to pay a charge for re-delivery.
7. Doors, flooring, aggregate, windows and timber products are kerb-side deliveries only.
8. You will in any event ensure :
8.1 secure and dry storage for the goods (and other reasonable facilities) until payment is made in accordance with clause 5;
8.2 reasonable and safe access for delivery to take place;
8.3 that adequate assistance is available to enable the driver to off load materials when delivery of the goods is made;
8.4 that you or someone with authority to do so on your behalf is available to sign for the goods upon delivery being made.
9. Order and Collect. The ‘Order and Collect’ service offered makes it possible for you to collect a range of selected items from our local SUPPLIERS of Buildingmaterialsuganda.com. Once your order has been placed, contact will be made with you by the branch nominated to collect from advising of the stock position. For ‘Order and Collect’ returns see clause ‘Return of goods’and clause ‘Cancellation’.
10. Free Delivery Any offers of Free Delivery apply only to Kampala and metro-pole areas of Kampala, or areas close to out area suppliers in major town Uganda, Unless otherwise stated. In all cases of Free Delivery, the delivery charge only will not be payable. No taxes, duties or customs charges will be removed.